CEDAM is seeking AmeriCorps members for positions across the state.
- Modest living allowance of around $12,000 annually;
- $5,815 Eli Segal Education Award for full-year members or $2,907.50 for seven-month members
- Choice of $1,500 cash award for VISTA members);
- Federal student loan forbearance
- Health care;
- Child care (if eligible) and
- Many training opportunities
AmeriCorps members must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, national or legal permanent U.S. alien;
- Be at least 18 years of age (there is no upper age limit!);
- Have a willingness to serve full time for a year;
- Possess an education or life-skills that will help you be successful in your placement; and
- Have a passion for giving back!
Interested in learning more? See below for the current openings within CEDAM’s programs.
Rural Opportunity VISTA program positions begin on August 28, 2017:
All Rural Opportunity VISTA terms begin on September 11, 2017 and finish on September 10, 2018
Michigan Financial Opportunity Corps positions begin on September 5, 2017
Full year terms begin on September 5, 2017 and finish on September 4, 2018
Home Repair Services- Grand Rapids, MI
Southwest Solutions- Detroit, MI
Seven month positions begin on September 5, 2017 and finish on April 4, 2018
To apply, click on the link above and click “Apply Now”. The AmeriCorps.gov website will walk you through the steps of submitting your application. Once submitted, you’ll get an email from CEDAM letting you know that your application has been received.