The Rural Opportunity VISTA Program is seeking applications for August 2017 members!
This program places VISTA members statewide with community foundations serving in rural areas or with rural Michigan Main Street (MMS) Select or Master level programs. AmeriCorps VISTA members will be awarded to host sites where there is both a programmatic need that is not being filled in the community and where the organization has a strong supervisor and community guidance. The VISTA members’ goals will be to build sustainability within organizations by creating programs and ensuring success when VISTA resources end.
CEDAM views the Rural Opportunity VISTA project as a holistic approach in which members will generate cash and in-kind resources, recruit volunteers and create programs to build sustainability within organizations.
Positions begin on August 28, 2017:
Community Foundation for Muskegon County- Muskegon, MI
Community Foundation for Oceana County- Shelby, MI
Grand Haven Main Street- Grand Haven, MI
Grayling Main Street- Grayling, MI
Hart Main Street- Hart, MI
Manistee Community Foundation- Manistee, MI
All AmeriCorps VISTA members receive the following benefits:
- Modest living allowance of around $12,000 annually;
- Choice of $5,815 Eli Segal Education Award or $1,500 cash award at completion of service year;
- Health care assistance;
- Child care, if eligible; and
- Many training opportunities
- Be a U.S. citizen, national or legal permanent U.S. alien;
- Be at least 18 years of age (there is no upper age limit!);
- Have a willingness to serve full time for a year;
- Possess an education or life-skills that will help you be successful in your placement; and
- Have a passion for giving back!
Interested in learning more? Contact Stevie Chilcote, VISTA Leader at email@example.com.